Thursday 4 June 2015

Scheduled Postings and Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I've been blogging now for a few days in a row, and finding topics to write about has been a struggle. In order to help with that issue, I've decided to schedule what I'll talk about each day. The schedule is posted on the right side of the blog, near the top. This will help me keep topics interesting, and for those of you who like certain topics but hate others, you can just check out the blog on the days you prefer. It also means that if I think of an idea before a scheduled day, I can write it and postpone the publishing of it (Yay, tech!). Of course, everyone will check on Fridays, because PORO. Yes, this does mean that Poros shall become a weekly does of adorable instead of a daily one. I may sneak some extras in there, because reasons. Plantie shall continue to receive daily posts so his growth can be charted by his government stalkers.

SO. Today is Thursday, which means TV and movies are the area of interest. I recently began (binge) watching the show Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Netflix. It's about a group of police officers and detectives that, somehow, solve crime. Pretty staple cop show description, I know. But BNN is actually really funny. The humour used hits a ton of varied tastes. Characters involved are very slapstick, dunder-heads, dry,  sarcastic, juvenile, romantic, cheesy, punny, and pull them all off well. The characters are almost instantly likable and there is at least one that is relatable in the small, but individualistic, cast. The shows uses cutaways for short jokes, similar to How I Met Your Mother or Family Guy, but keeps them brief. The story moves at a good pace, and episodes tend to start a story and finish it within the episode. There are broader arcs that run throughout the show, but each episode is fairly self-contained.

As someone who "watches" TV a lot by putting something on and then going to do something else, BNN does a great job of combining visual interest with well written comedy. Together, I actually find myself watching the show instead of using it as background noise. That's a pretty big compliment, coming from me. I highly recommend watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine if you're looking for a good comedy.

Now, as this is the internet, I feel I should say the following. THIS IS MY OPINION. You are more than entitled to disagree or agree, based on whatever reasons you like. Feel free to leave your opinion in the comments, or recommend a show that you think is worth watching.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment