Monday 6 July 2015

An Older Thought, Renewed

Coming up with something profound to write about each Monday can prove to be a bit of a challenge. After a long day at work and a rough day for the people close to me, I find myself lacking the inspiration to find something new to write. Instead, I'll revisit something older. I recently found a piece of poetry that I wrote years ago. After reading it again, I tweaked it slightly and found it to be oddly accurate to my current situation with Kitten.

Each night I lay here
Having one sided conversations
Posing questions without answers.
My daily monotony fills my head
I yearn to hear your voice
Hearing mine makes you pout.
All I have are fleeting moments
A handful of pixels
An armful of air.
I sit at night writing
Hoping my rambling makes you smile. 
I curse the same system I rely on
For not bringing back your words
Your voice
Your smile. 
All I know is that while I lay here
Thinking of questions for the air in my arms,
I hope you lie there, having one sided conversations.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment