Monday 3 August 2015

A Beautiful Ghost

Some of my thoughts from the last week. The things that you think of when you miss that one person.


A Beautiful Ghost

You're not here with me
So why do I look for you?
I see you in the things around me
But can never find you attached to them
I can almost hear your laugh
Almost see you turn the corner just ahead of me
It's like I'm always just a few seconds late
I look up, expecting to drown in those blue eyes
Only to see an empty seat
Why do months pass without a thought?
Why do days drag into eternity?
You've told me you hate the ghosts of this place
But now you're one of them
And I would burn the world to keep the spectres here

You're not here with me
But soon, I won't be either
And then I'll see you again



Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment