Monday 10 August 2015

Looking at You

I've been in a very poetic mood these last couple of weeks. For those who enjoy reading it, awesome, I'm always open to input. For those who don't, sorry, but suck it up. You're still reading, so you must be doing okay. I appreciate all my readers, whether they like each post or not. Anyway, Monday posts should be swapping back and forth between poetry and more perspective writings, like before.

BUT, for now, there is poetry to be done. I have a muse, so I shall use the inspiration.


Looking at You

I look at you


I see all the needs you ask of me

Just the brush of a hand
Against your hand, your leg, your cheek, anywhere with skin

To lock your fingers inbetween mine
Even when we fight over who's thumb goes on top

Wordlessly begging for a kiss
Your eyes widen then close,your head tilts


I see the pain too

A kind act, received with confusion
You were skeptical of my generosity

A tight embrace, trying to hide the whimper
You didn't want to let go

A warm smile, causes you sadness
You grow accustomed to being happy, you don't want to lose it


I see you watching me

An inquisitive quirk, an eyebrow raised
You question my expressions, seeking their causes

An adorable giggle, a full laugh
You enjoy my flusters, especially when you cause them 

The smallest of smiles, gentle but apparent
Sometimes you simple like to look


And while I watch you looking at me, I wonder.
Do you see what I see in you?
Do you see those things in me?



Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment